I am a firm believer in setting yourself up for success.
Maybe the motto is from my college days at culinary school, where you’re taught to always have your mise en place ( getting everything and I mean everything set up before you begin cooking). Possibly it’s simply because I don’t want to fail at anything. I know, kinda silly. It’s definitely partly because I am pretty lazy and just want to make everything as easy as possible. But who doesn’t? That’s why I’ve compiled this list of obvious ways to make your life easier!
They also happen to be great tips for saving money!
1. Hang a shopping bag above your dyer to collect lint.
3. Use Clorox wipes? When the wipes run out but there’s still liquid, put a few sheets of paper towels in there to soak up extra liquid.
4. Cook old fruit with spices in a pot with water for quick and easy potpourri.
6. Keep a spoon by your coffee maker or tea pot to stir. Simply rinse after each use.
8. Paint an empty, cleaned out wine bottle and use as a vase.
9. For easy toilet cleaning, pour bleach into toilet and let sit for at least an hour to remove rings and odor. Keep bleach in bathroom closet for quick access!
11. Use dollar store containers to organize your junk drawer.
12. Hang a store bag on stroller to hold trash until you can reach a trash can.
14. Freeze lemons, limes or oranges if they go bad. Drop one in your garbage disposal to give it a fresh smell.
15. Save those corks from your empty wine bottles and use them for a fun DIY
What tricks do you have to save time, money and make life easier?